Thursday 29 November 2012

The Value of Failure

Some years ago my supervisor and mentor wanted to refer me a client whose very successful life was seemingly collapsing around him - his marriage was in tatters and he was in danger of losing his high profile post.

My supervisor, himself a trained psychotherapist, was accustomed to working with high profile and high achieving clients; e.g. politicians, CEOs and those known from the media.
Now, at that time my client base, while being diverse, did not attract this demographic so I said (with some anxiety) to my supervisor - "I'm really not sure that these are the right client's for me".

His immediate riposte? - "Rubbish, you'll be perfect; you know a lot about failure!"

Most of us can handle success; failure is a different kettle of fish.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete